
Too much of anything can be relieved by a good walk, I believe.
I've been feeling a little swamped lately. You know, when you get back from a break (spring break) and you just struggle to catch up. Well I take about a week to catch up from any break. And this time around I actually have stuff to catch up with. It seems all the major projects of the year are due at the same time, and I'm working on them all at the same time. On top of that I have a cold. Aaaanndd the weather is nice. I wanna go outside!
Which brings me to my solution. When I find myself being overwhelmed I think it helps to take a little time to relax. Even if its only a quick walk around the block. Ah the fresh blue air, the perfectly blooming flowers, the picturesque of teens playing badminton on the quad. I like to meander about for maybe half an hour. Call my mom, watch the flowers grow. I've started a little game where I mentally redecorate the exterior of houses I pass, imagining what I would do with them if I lived there.
I want to keep going but I know I have a ton of homework waiting for me back in my room. So I guess I'll drag my feet back and settle down. But it was a good breath of fresh air.


No comments:
Post a Comment