
Here I go blogging about the old man again. I must have father's day fever or something.
I don't know if it's just him, or if all men are so ignorant of the female ways, but apparently he had never heard of body wash before yesterday.
"Body wash? You mean soap?" he said, befuddled.
"No," my sister and I corrected him with an exchange of a knowing glance. "Body wash smells good. And you put it on a pouf."
Of course he didn't know what a pouf was either, so we had to explain that to him too. He didn't believe us that such a thing existed. After all, what's wrong with a wash cloth? Or even just your hands? But our mother affirmed that we were truthful; she herself had a pouf.
"So that's what that thing is? I didn't know what it was for! It's like a sponge."
"No," I corrected him. "A sponge is made from a living creature. Poufs are synthetic."
He just sighed and shook his head. Silly females. Poufs and body wash. Who knew bathing could be so complicated!


Doesn't it just amaze you that men actually think washing with their hands actually cleans their bodies! Power to the Pouf!!!
ReplyDeleteIs is possible that your dad is just pretending to be ignorant? I have a feeling he's a lot more aware than he's letting on.
ReplyDelete