Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mazel Tov!!!!


No, I'm not Jewish... that's just my new favorite phrase now (it means sorta like congrats). So... mazel tov! To myself and to my good sis. We have both overcome major milestones in our lives today. She got her drivers' license and I got my first job. We are both thoroughly excited! HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! I found a 20-hour-a-week job at the local ARC, filing papers on the computer and occasionally babysitting. But omg I'm making $8.25 for four hours a day, five days a week. I'm gonna be rich! Yes, I know I am easily pleased and easily impressed. $165 a week is like a miracle. I can finally go to the movies again! And if I save up, I will be able to rent an apartment after school, and have my Dave Ramsey emergency fund :)
As for my sis, I find that it's much easier to drive with her now that she's licensed by the State. She's official. But she's still spastic when it comes to pumping gas. Ah, the days of innocent, clueless youth. I was sitting in the car at the Kangaroo when suddenly I hear HANNAH! HANNAH! HANNAH! I thought gas must be spilling everywhere so I dive out of the car. No. She had parked to far back and the hose wouldn't reach. But then the guy next to us reached over and gave it a shake; it had just been snagged. awkward... Of course my sis gives a spastic little laugh and the excuse that she just got her license, and the guy laughs, and I mutter about her idiocy. Oh well, I'll probably forget to bring all my papers to work on Monday ( I have a job now, did I tell you? :)

1 comment: