
This week is singing school week, but I, unfortunately, am not to feel the benefit of it. In case anyone who happens to read this blog should not know what singing school week is: it's a weeklong camp put on by our sister church Zion's Rest to teach the young people of the church how to read shape notes, lead the song service, etc. Since our denomination sings hymns congregationally, and a capella, I can assure you that any training does come in handy. Teens come from all over the country for this week. It's pretty aswesome. But this year, I have ... A JOB! Alas, it is true; I cannot attend singing school this year. But of course my oh so loyal sister is footloose and fancy-free. Which brings me to the punch line: I will be all alone.
Who will I talk to about randomness? Who will I hurl mock insults at? Who will help me walk the dog and unload the dishwasher? Who will stay up with me until midnight to watch That Seventies Show?
Ok... it won't be that bad. After all, I do have a job, and it's only until Friday. Also, we are entertaining company. Some church friends from Florida are up visiting. Their granddaughter is also at singing school and they came up to drop her off and are staying the entire week to go sight-seeing. Of course we invited them to stay in our lovely home. I will be busy busy busy all week, what between company, and my job, and volunteering at the Red Cross almost every day. So maybe it won't be too bad...


Take good care of the Webb's! You all better not try to "steal" them away from us! :-)
ReplyDelete