Wednesday, June 2, 2010


creepy forgetful dog ^
ok ok I know it's been a really really really long time since I last blogged. I just haven't had any inspiration lately. Don't know why. I must be losing my imagination bone. *sigh* So to make up for it I will now commence to make a super blog... aka one so full of things that all readers will forget they were forgotten for so long. Let's see... where can we start... hmmm.... I know!
Yesterday we had our political primaries. Unfortunately I didn't make it down to vote for one reason. Well two. One being that I didn't really know where to go, but that could have been easily remedied. Another being that I really didn't know who to vote for. I kept telling myself that I needed to do some research but I was a lazy-butt and never got around to it. Since it is my policy that one shouldn't vote if they don't know what or who they're voting about, I couldn't honestly cast my ballot. This seemed a little shameful as it was Memorial Day, but there's always next year. Or rather next next year.
I did manage to get something of another sort done. Or at least started. My sister is going through the college scholarship hunt phase and my mom asked me to do a little research and try to get her a Daughters of the Confederacy scholarship. So I headed down to the local library and got onto ancestry.com and started digging. Finally at long last I found him. Aaron Daniel V. My great-great-great-great-grandfather. He was actually killed in battle in Tennessee and is buried in an unmarked grave there. It felt strange, thinking about that. He was only 34. His son John also served at age 15 but the war ended before he entered combat or else I probably wouldn't have been born.
Of course all this started me thinking about death and the meaning of life and the futility of war and all these deep heavy things so I needed an extra dose of my daily drug. Music that is. I am by no means a musician. I do own a guitar but I haven't touched it for months. I am however a great lover of music. All sorts of music. British folk, Arabic prayer calls, 70s rocknroll, soft indie rock, Pink, the list goes on to infinite. Minus country and screamo. So I guess it's not really infinite. But my sister got a new ipod yesterday and since then we've been going through all sorts of great songs. *sigh* Music makes me happy :)
So does reading Jane Austen. Right now I'm working on Emma. I've read Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion, and tho I like Persuasion best, Emma is definitely the best written, as I can remember. Very witty. Sorta annoying tho... Silly Emma...
Silly me... I think this blog is long enough to make up for forgetting you all... hope u enjoyed my musings.
Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment