
Last night we had a party. It was pretty epic. You shoulda been there. There was a firepit, and s'mores, and stargazing, and ooga booga, and facebooking until 3 a.m. Yeah. Epic.
It all started when my sister and I decided we needed to have a party. A bonfire stargazing party. So we invited like everyone we know and went shopping for marshmallows. When the guests finally arrived it was time to start the fire. Fortunately we had two pyromaniacs in the group, so it was successful... sorta. *cough*
Anyway... after much s'moreing and guitar picking and sacrificing of small children, we headed inside for an ooga booga induction. For those of you who don't know what ooga booga is... well... I can't tell you. It's a secret society. Now, I had been to previous induction ceremonies, but this time I had to conduct it myself. I definitely felt the pressure of having such an honorable position, but I think it was quite successful. Now there are five new members of the local chapter of the ooga booga club.
After the induction it was time for stargazing. So we all headed out to my neighbor's field and spread out our blankets. Oh the brilliant stars! I was able to pick out several constellations for the others, including the big dipper, the cross of doom, and the snail in the sky.
But soon it was time for everyone to leave. Sad :( Well ... not everyone... One loyal friend did stay. So the three of us remaining decided to do some prank calling. Don't worry, we only called our friends, people who would laugh and not call the cops on three psycho chicks.
"Hello, this is Elvira with the Stargazers' Hotline. Someone is looking at the snail in the sky and thinking of you."
No one could ever get past the snail part with cracking up.
Finally we decided to go back inside and facebook. For like three hours. Haha Strange things happen on facebook at 3 in the morning...
But at last the last guest left and I could fall into my wonderful bed and start planning our next fiesta. Buenos Noches amigos!


No comments:
Post a Comment