
Yesterday I was watching a piece of the news about Arizona's immigration bill. Some big wig got up there and puffed and fumed about it, but what tickled me were these words of his: "We will not tolerate intolerance!"
hehe Is it just me being immature that that has tickled me all week? I say that man is being intolerant toward intolerance! It's always sorta irked me when people pull the intolerance card. I mean come on, if everyone tolerated everything we wouldn't have society; we would have anarchy. Besides, who decides what is tolerable to tolerate? Why do we tolerate homosexual marriages but not polygamous marriages? Why do we tolerate abortions but not water-boarding?
Oh, and don't even get me started on the unwarranted race card! I understand that we Euro-Americans committed a grievous sin toward our African-American brothers and sisters. But I would like to think that we've moved on from that. Sure, some idjuts cling to their racist (*coughtwoseeder*) mentalities and should be called down, but most people (who I know at least) are pretty sensible about that. Saying, for example, that the welfare system needs reform is not racism; it's sustainability policy. And what is up with affirmative action? But anyway...
Another thing I've noticed about the political scheme lately is all these people talking about the Constitution. I have long been told that the Constitution is the best document every written by man-kind. I don't know about that, but I figure it must be pretty solid to have gotten us this far. And obviously it's the supreme law of our land, so if a new legislative measure or action by the State is genuinely unconstitutional it seriously needs to be addressed. But it seems that everything is unconstitutional these days! I have decided that the new definition of unconstitutional is anything that goes against someone's personal beliefs. Besides, I doubt most people (even most politicians) have actually read the Constitution. I know I haven't. So please go out and read the thing before you start referencing it.
Well now I've gotten all that rating out of my system. This post ended up being way longer than I had anticipated. Anyway, have a good day :)


No comments:
Post a Comment