Monday, May 10, 2010

The Day of Mothers


Yesterday was Mother's Day. The most wonderful day in the whole world! Well this Mother's Day my mummy was traveling with her husband for work, and my sister and I were left home alone. On Sunday morning I woke up early for church and was sitting at the table groggily eating breakfast. The phone rang. It was Mom. I mumbled my monosyllable replies to her chipper questions. Geez, didn't she realize it was like 9 in the morning? I can't talk at 9 in the morning! Then she asked me, "is the there anything you want to say to me?" And I was like... "No...." Silence. "Well I guess I'll see you later," I said. "Bye." She hung up. She hung up on me! Geez! That was rude. I took about ten steps away from the phone, looked at my sister, and realized the horrible magnitude of what I had just done.
Needless to say I was back on the phone five seconds later begging for forgiveness. She wasn't a happy camper. And you know what they say. "If Mama ain't happy..." I spent the rest of the day frantically cleaning the house before she got home. I think the fact that the refrigerator was sparkling finally won her over and I was forgiven.
So next Mother's Day I have one peace of advice for you. Don't forget it's Mother's Day. It's not good for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment