Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Strange Things...
I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! You must excuse me though; I completely forgot that yesterday was Tuesday. Then I forgot that today is Wednesday. All this because of one school assignment. Yes, college is making me lose my mind. Strange that I'm only just now realizing that. In fact, college started stealing me away quite a while ago.
I remember when I first came here four years ago, a naive little freshman. And I thought high school was tough! Well actually, I have found college to be pretty easy up until my senior year. I have determined the progression of difficulty to be something like: piece of cake to ridiculously simple to *yawn* to DIE HELPLESS UNSUSPECTING STUDENTS! MUAHAHAHA!
But you know, college has changed me in other ways than causing me to drink more coffee, obsess over lesson plans at 5 a.m., and tear my fingernails out. I feel like my world view has really expanded. Just think, before college, I didn't even know that African-Americans, anime, gay people, Dr. Who, hippies, Tennessee Williams, obsessive video-gamers, or ramen noodles even existed. I thought that a thumbs-up meant "good job". But now I have been thoroughly enlightened!
So as I look back on my college journey, I realize that college isn't just overrated, it's really stressful and kind of bizarre. As Matt Damon used to say, I have payed thousands of dollars for an education I could have gotten at the public library for free. But what does he know? He never went to college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment