Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Anti-Feminist?

I don't like women.  This may seem like a strange statement to be coming from a woman, but there are exceptions to every rule.  I must say, that there are some women who I like, but in general the gender kind of irks me.
My number one reason for disliking women is gossip.  I'm pretty sure men gossip too, but they must do it in secret or something, because all I ever hear is the women.  All the time.  Let me explain what I mean by gossip though.  Gossip is not just talking about other people.  If what you're saying is neutral (e.g. she is wearing a red shirt) or positive (e.g. what a cute shirt!) then it's not gossip.  It become gossip when the words or intonation are negative (what a hideous shirt.  She's such a slob!) or could be construed as so (e.g. did you see that shirt she was wearing?).  Some people might think gossip is harmless, but it is most certainly not.  Imagine that I had never met you, and I was standing around talking with some women, and they start gossiping about you.  I now have a first impression of you without ever having met you.  How fair is that?  Even if I already do know you, if I happen to be a weak-minded person I could let my view of you be construed by such one-sided reports.  I'm pretty sure men haven't broken nearly as many hearts as gossip has.  And you may think that you're whispering back there about so-and-so, but if I can hear you (I being quite deaf) I'm pretty sure your victim can.  So now it's just plain bullying.  
Secondary reason why I dislike women: fashion.  Now I appreciate good style, but I find discussion of such for any considerable length of time to be quite tedious.  And I've just never understood the female fascination with garish makeup and clothes containing awkward openings.  Some ladies can pull it off with class, but most people just look ridiculous.
Third reason, which kind of ties into the first two: I find the large percentage of female conversations to be maddeningly dull.  Most common topics of discussion include: fashion, somebody else's fashion (or lack there of), somebody else's lack of morals and/or class, pinterest, Ryan Gosling, babies, the beach and/and tanning, how much they hate frogs/snakes, church functions, housekeeping, The True Diaries of Orange Vampire Housewives (or something like that showing on ABC), fashion.
And you might be saying, "but I'm a woman, and I'm not like that!"  Well then we should get together some time, and talk about politics and classic literature and the lost art of letter-writing.
Or you might be saying, "Hey, I love The True Diaries of Orange Vampire Housewives!"  Ok.          

No comments:

Post a Comment