Saturday, April 10, 2010


Today I went to a local art festival. It was a beautiful day to be outside, and the festival was held in the park by the river. There were all sorts of nifty nick-nacks scattered around. Booths shaded pottery, photos, paintings, woodcarvings, metal-work, glass-work, and origami. It was so neat! I walked around the entire park, keeping my eyes open for things I could use my $10 on. In the background played the gentle music of the community band (including some of my very own school friends - ah those talent, crazy music majors). Finally I settled on buying a water-colored bookmark and a clay plate (made by a student from my school - it even had his handprint burned into it... which is sorta creepy now that I think about it...). I have no idea what I'm going to do with the plate (even tho it is safe to eat off - I'm not really too keen on eating off of some guy's handprint... if ya know what I mean...). I guess I'll end up hanging it on a wall. Maybe I'll let my mother borrow it for decoration until I get out of college and actually have room to use it myself.
It turns out that spending a morning at an art festival is actually pretty fun, and it's a great way to support local artists. Oh how I love my arts-fartsy college town.

No comments:

Post a Comment