Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Birds and the Bees of Trees


Spring is sprung. The days are warm and bright, the trees are coming to life again, and the creatures of the world - even the trees - are finding love; Unfortunately the trees. Spring is great, but spring is HORRIBLE! There is pollen EVERYWHERE! Puffs of the yellow stuff billow up from the trees when the wind blows. The cars in the parking lot are dusted with the stuff. It looks as though a yellow snow has fallen on the porch. I am one of the millions of Americans who suffers from hay fever. My eyes water, my nose itches and runs. It's awful! How can I enjoy the beauty of spring when I can't see it through an allergy haze!? Ah well I'll just have to pump myself full of Clariten and bunker down for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment