
I've finally done it. I've finally joined the Tuesday crowd. It seems that every blogger in the world pays some sort of homage to Tuesday, be it Terrific Tuesdays, Tuesdays with Britt, Tuesdays on Time ( I made that one up), whatever, something about Tuesdays draws bloggers. And now I have given in. But not because it's Tuesday, but rather because this just happens to be the day I decided to start this series. I personally don't particularly like Tuesdays.
Anyway... I've decided to start MOVIE TUESDAYS (which will probably end up including books, TV shows, and youtube videos as well). Yes siree, I have decided to become a critic. Now everyone really is a critic.
But this Tuesday I'd like to begin the series with a look at the History Channel special, America: The Story of Us (yes, I do realize there is a major pun there). I have always been a history buff, so when I heard about this new show I faarreaked out. OMG an entire six days of pure, good old, red-blooded American history. The show itself is pretty intersting. The graphics are crappy (I think they may have hired the people from Untamed and Uncut, but anyway...) but if you can get past that and the incredibly cheesy CG bald eagle they have flying over every scene, it's pretty good. I'm not a real historian, so I can't tell you if they are acurate or not, but the story is told engagingly and the acting is alright too. So my advice to you, watch the show and learn some good history basics. You probably need it anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment