Monday, April 12, 2010


My legs are burning, and the sides of my tongue hurt from breathing so hard.
But it is nice, running like this, running away from it all.
All of it? Let's see...
My roommate for whom my tolerance is rapidly waning. But we won't talk about that; it's only so bad because the year is almost over.
My speech and its fear. But I think I'm steadying. Still, it's there.
School itself. Ah my heart beats summer.
From them. Because I cannot stand that I'm not one of them, and for once I can't pretend that I don't want to be.
From him. Because it's unfair that he's so like me, but he is taken in and I am not. And because I wish we had more than "hello", but I'm not sure what I wish for.
Cryptic? Yes, because I cannot expose all the binds and cross-ties of my heart. But maybe you can insert your own antecedents, and maybe you will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment