Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This Moment


Tomorrow I'm giving my speech. Yes, the long awaited, much dreaded eternally long speech. I really have no idea how I'm gonna do this. I think I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I mean, really. I've been thinking about it nonstop all day! I can't imagine it without imagining myself totally freezing up and breaking down. It. Is. Horrible. I just know it's going to be horrible! Of course all manner of people have tried to console me, to no avail. I've tried to console myself. But my irrational fear is not to be done away with rationally. I have no idea what to do! Every moment is slowly inching me closer and closer to the moment of my doom.
Now you may say I'm exaggerating, as my sister believes. But honestly, I'm not! I can't stand it! I'm going MAD!!!!
Only one thought can console me, only one hope. I must change myself. I must change my fear. I must destroy it. It can no longer exist. I must be slow and careful and hopeful.
I have been dreading this moment my entire life, and I will fear it no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment