
As a college student, I experience a lot of stress. Seriously, all you adults who roll your eyes at the complaints of us young folks - being a 20-somethin' is extremely difficult. If you don't believe me, you should try it some time. It's tough work! Being a student is even harder! I have all the grown-up things I need to do (cooking, cleaning, maintaining employment, doing my own laundry) and also hours and hours of mentally grueling classwork. I feel like all I ever do these days is work, school, or drive (between work and school).
To make my life even more stressful, I have my TEP admission process coming up.
TEP = teacher education program. In order to get into this program - so I can continue my studies, so I can graduate and get a job, so I can make money, so I won't starve, so I won't die prematurely on the streets - I am required to do two things. These things are: complete a standardized basic skills test and sit for an interview.
Every since I began my studies in education, my professors have told me that the interview and test are not a big deal. But I don't believe them. Anything upon which hinges so much has to be monumentally difficult. That is just a fact of life.
So, once again, I am stressing out, majorly. Sometimes I think my entire life is, has been, and will be, just one giant ball of stress. I have this suspicion that I going to die of stomach ulcers before I'm 40.
I know, you're all thinking, "quit whining, Hannah, you'll do fine - you're a genius!" And I know, you're right. But that doesn't mitigate the very real pain of my own, self-inflicted torment.
My only consolation is that all these things (or at least, the interview and test) shall pass, within approximately 10 days. Ten days until my most certain demise (really, I'll be fine, but my guts sure don't know that). Please send your encouragements written on the side of a stress ball and/or jar of peanut butter.


Sending you a virtual stress ball and virtual jar of PB! And my encouragement is to trust in the Lord and HE will see you through!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
ReplyDeleteJust think, in a few years you're going to look back at this time of your life and wish you had it back. You'll make it through great!
ReplyDelete