Thursday, March 15, 2012

Window


Windows are a bane to my academic performance. Here I am, sitting in class, staring mindlessly at the teacher (insert Wawawawa), when suddenly I see something glimmer. Just out of the corner of my eye, but it grabs my attention. Sunlight jumping off the glass from the window. Then, beyond that – green and blue and purple and red and yellow. Color and light and freedom! Let me out that window!
Of course by now the teacher isn’t even there. Who cares about behavioral theories and internal loci of motivation! It’s spring outside! Let’s go! Who would want to stare at a power point when they can gaze out of a window?
It doesn’t help at all that the windows in my classroom are about as large as a VW Bug. I can see the whole world out there! This school stuff? It makes me feel as sterile as a hospital bed. I need dirt and sunlight and grass and blue sky! That window – is going to fail me.
OK. Focus.
Nah… Maybe after spring break.

1 comment: