Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Rant


OK, I'm ready to vent my feelings. Are you ready for this onslaught of emotion? Good. Here it is.
Why !OH MY GOSH! can't people be more mature about themselves!? I thought I was out of high school, but apparently it's perfectly acceptable for grown men and women to go around making gay/farting/wiener jokes! Come on! I may not be the most saintly, clean-minded person myself, but I know how to behave in public! Does the world really revolve around boy-girl relationships? OK, don't answer that. But seriously people, grow up.
And the TV these days! It's absolutely appalling. Just watching the commercials make me concerned about our nation's intelligence. There is a fine line between clever and stupid, but apparently the average marketing professional doesn't recognize it. Don't even bother turning on Comedy Central. Apparently that's where all the people mentioned in the previous paragraph go after college for employment. There are some good shows on, but you know, even I eventually get tired of the dramatic lives of lawyers, cops, and doctors.
Don't even get me started on some of the more prominent children's cartoons. Spongebob Squarepants? Jeez! What happened to all that nasty educational stuff? (*cough* Beth better be reading this or else no one will get that)
Even the professional news media seems to be slipping further down the abyss to idiocracy. Who cares about Charlie Sheen!? I don't even know who Charlie Sheen is. Oh wait, he's from one of those mindless sitcoms, isn't he.
Then there's these politics! When are our legislators going to grow up and stop wining "he started it"? Who cares who got us into this mess. It only matters that we get out, and that's not going to happen when all your energies are spent demonizing the other party. People say they look up to our Founding Fathers; well take a lesson from them and learn to compromise. These politicians need to get over themselves and buckle down and get things done. I say it's high time we reform social security, etc. and if they lose office over it, well tough luck. Asi es la vida! Suck it up!
Ok, let's see... narcissistic perverts, sub-intelligent reality shows, brown-nosing politicians, incompetent journalists... I think I've got it about covered. But I suppose in all fairness I should spend some time considering my own flaws. After all, no one likes a hypocrite. Hmmm... let me think... I tend to be a bit hypocritical sometimes. There we go. All done.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    Your writing is terrific. You are spot on with Charlie Sheen and politicians. Keep up the good work. You made me smile and laugh this morning.
    Love, Betsy Smith

    ReplyDelete