
On the road again -
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I might never see again
I can't wait to get on the road again
These immortal words from Willie Nelson express my feelings exactly. Which is bad. Because school is just starting and it will be a long while before I can do any traveling. All I can do is daydream. And go on Sunday drives with the windows down and the radio up.
And believe me, I sure have been daydreaming. Last summer I decided I wanted to go West. My mom and I were listening to John Denver's "Montana" when she came upon an epiphany. It would be awesome to work on a Montana dude ranch. Yes it would. And since then my imagination has been fixed on that idea. I couldn't go last summer, because the season was already started. But I will go next summer. I will apply for a job at every dude ranch in the entire state if I have to! Every fiber of my being yearns for those wide Montana skies. I'm starting to get road fever.
But alack, I have books to read, papers to write, tests to take. For now I'll have to be content with my Sunday drives. Let's just hope gas prices don't jack up before summer.


No comments:
Post a Comment