
It seems that more and more college students these days are falling down the dark and hopeless path of playing hooky. Yes, I realize you stayed up until three in the morning on some meaningless excuse such as "finishing your paper". Who waits until three in the morning to finish a paper due the next day? That's ridiculous. Psh! Even better - you were "playing the new Halo". I don't even know what Halo is. I'm sure if I can get by without it, so can you.
But it is absolutely unacceptable when teachers miss class! It is so devastating for a good and faithful student like myself to realize that class has been cancelled. Especially after you've walked all the way across campus through the freezing 60 degree weather to get there.
One of my teachers especially seems to be challenged in this area. Either he is the most misfortunate person I have ever met, or the most lazy one. I'm going to go for "the most misfortunately lazy person I've ever met". You know - those people who always manage to catch some devastating illness (the common cold) on test day. Usually the "class cancelled" sign shows up on his door about once every two weeks. So it was the other morning.
As I was walking back from the classroom I met up with one of my fellow students and decided to give him a heads-up. He looked awful. Eyes bleary, clothes askew, hair hopeless, a red bull in his hand. He looked like he'd just gotten out of bed. He had. And was not happy about the cancellation of our learning period. "What! I killed myself getting out of bed!" he mumbled (he did look very zombie-like). "This is *expletive* retarded!" Retarded? Maybe not. Ridiculous? Most definitely! I'm paying hundreds of dollars an hour to hear this guy teach me about whatever. How does he expect me to care if he doesn't care! Of course, good student that I am, I would care about school if the world were ending tomorrow. Because I never skip.


I always hated when one of my classes would get cancelled. It was never my last class of the day so I would have to hang around campus(I lived off campus and couldn't go back home)usually with nothing to do until my next class!
ReplyDelete