Saturday, October 26, 2013

Poetry Therapy



I haven't been writing very much lately, mostly because I'm just too busy.  I have been writing poems though, because they seem to be easier than a blog post to pick up and put down as I like.  So here is a poem just for you:
Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you.
Wait... has that been used before?  Ok, I'll try again.

Sometimes I get discourage, and think my life a drag.
Sometimes I get depressed and see the things I lack.
Sometimes I get quite manic, my brain limp as a rag.

But then I think of yesterday and of the distant morrow
And it seems the things I carry now are surely worth the sorrow.
I'm sitting in this busy, lonely place,
But soon I'll be on my way,
Out of this crazy, wild race
They call college.

Ok, so the rhythm kinda fizzles out at the end, but I wrote this thing in ten minutes alright, give me a break!
Anyway if you don't hear from me for the next two weeks, it's because I'm writing lessons, grading and analyzing hundreds of student papers every week, doing laundry, cleaning my fish tank, writing my resume, job hunting, and creating a massive online portfolio.  I also have a new boyfriend.  So...
Haha just kidding.  On the new boyfriend part.  Ain't nobody got time fo that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment