Thursday, August 29, 2013
My Soul Mate
Ta-da! I'm back!
And I have a new goldfish. His name is Richard Parker. I named him after the tiger off of Life of Pi. As I was watching the movie, I thought, "That's an odd name for a tiger." So that's what I named my fish.
He is very beautiful. Orange on top and white on the bottom. When I first got him the lady at pet smart was kind of mean about it. She scooped up a few fish and snapped, "White or orange and white." I suggested that I might actually want an all orange one. She snapped, "This is what I have in my hand!" So I got Parker, tiger of the sea.
Parker's not only beautiful, but he and I also share a lot of the same characteristics. Spastic, random bursts of energy followed by long stretches of boredom. Over-excitement when presented with food. Tending to stare absently off into space. He's my fish soul mate.
It's a good thing too. Yesterday I found out that goldfish can live for ten years. The last fish I had, a beta, was only estimated to make it two or three. Ten years is a long time to be staring at the same fish. Fortunately Parker is an exceptional fish. He even has an eyebrow. It's ok, Parker, you can go ahead and live as long as you want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment