I think my teacher is obsessed with the Pulitzer Prize. That seems to be all she ever talks about, which is confusing since I’m pretty sure she’s never won one. But it’s always Pulitzer this and Pulitzer that and “this is the kind of story that wins Pulitzers” or “Writers who win Pulitzers do this”.
I don’t care about the Pulitzer! I just wanna get a friggin job! Gah!
Yes, I am a mass communications major with absolutely no great aspirations. All I want is a good job that makes me happy and keeps me alive. Preferably. I mean, I suppose you could consider wanting to travel the world a dream, but that’s pretty much it. A job with some sort of cozy little travel magazine would be perfect. I don’t think people usually win Pulitzers for writing about the costume of African tribes, or about the best hotels in Estonia, but you know, to me that would be fun. I would get to see interesting places, meet interesting people, and write about it. Since that’s what I like to do. Write. And travel. A traveling writer. I wonder if that’s actually listed as a real job…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment