Monday, June 25, 2012

Look It Up

"The Portuguese Man-o-War is the deadliest jellyfish in the ocean," my father said, firmly and confidently.  I looked at him crooked.
"No it's not!  That jellyfish off Seven Pounds is - whatsitcalled.  Besides, Man-o-Wars aren't even really jellyfish."
"They are the most deadly jellyfish in the world!" he insists.  "Where'd you read this stuff?  Did you Google it?"
As a matter of fact I had Googled it, just as I do all my most pressing questions.  Google is an arguer's dream, and I am an arguer.  I love to argue.  I figure it stretches my brain and keeps me sharp.  Plus I like the little thrill I get when I can finally say "Ha!  I was right!"  *victory dance*  My Dad likes to argue too, so we get along well.  Usually.  There is the occasional loss of blood-imean-pride, but mostly we're quite cordial about completely tearing each others' logic into tiny, pathetic shreds.  With the assistance of Google of course.  That's how our arguments usually end:
"I know I'm right!  Google it and you'll see!"
"Uh-huh.  You're the one who'll be seeing!"
Because Google is the chief of all information sources.  Google never lies.  Google is supreme!  
And the box jellyfish is the most deadly jellyfish in the world.  Booyah!

1 comment: