Hello blogging world! I know, it’s been a while. But I already told you, I get really lazy in the summer. And I haven’t had good internet connection for most of the past month. There, that’s my excuse.
Boy do you have a lot to catch up on! But don’t worry, I won’t bore you with all the details. All you need to know is: my family abandoned me to move to South Carolina and left me here all alone in this humongous new apartment that I really hope I will be able to pay for, because man is it gigantic.
Yes, I have moved up in the world. From humble dorm dweller to desperately broke 1 BR, 1 BA apartment occupant. Alright, I’m not desperate. I just feel like that right now, because I don’t have a job, and if I don’t get one I shall soon become desperate. But anyway, I’m sure you don’t particularly want to hear about my financial woes.
The place is great. I have my own kitchen (I make meal plans now; yes, I do feel very grown-up and, womanly); a cozy living room complete with futon, book shelves, and Abby Road Beatles poster; and a bunch of closets. I swear, there is more closet space in this building than there is bedroom space. Which is ok, because I don’t really like my bedroom too much.
The only problem with living alone in an apartment is that it gets sort of lonely. And boring. But there is only a week and two days left until school starts, and then things should get interesting. Plus I have Biscuit. He’s my dog. He’s small and fuzzy and sleeps a lot. He’s very good to talk to. After all, he can’t really talk back, so I don’t have to worry about saying something stupid, or mean, or even incredibly inspired. I can just say whatever I feel like. Right now I feel a little insane. This apartment sure is quiet…


No comments:
Post a Comment