
Bond. James Bond. Yes, I've finally watched one of the originals: From Russia with Love. And didn't find it that impressive. It was pretty much your average spy movie. To make it fall from mediocre into annoying, it portrayed women as either being scheming and ugly, or weak sex slaves. Yes, females do have more on their minds than handsome men coming to rescue them and make love to them, and whatever. Jeez.
Ok, now that I'm done with my little feminist rant (in fact, I'm pretty sure most sensible females seldom if ever daydream about such nonsense...)
Anyway....
Yeah, it wasn't that great. I mean, he didn't even say "Martini, shaken and not stirred." I think I would have enjoyed it more. And my favorite character died. (Bond was a bit annoying, so no, he wasn't my fave. Ok, really annoying. Especially the way he stared at every woman's - ok! I'm good now. Really.)
Sorry all you Sean Connery fans. I guess I'm just too hooked on Matt Damon, and 21st century notions of womanhood.
OMG!!! My first negative review! I'm so proud of myself :)


psh... women... lol jk. That's kind of a 60s 70s trend in movies I think.
ReplyDelete